Make a Fairy House of your own design!!!!!
ADDED BONUS – PAINT A FAIRY DOOR TOO!
Date: Saturday 24th August
Age range: Family friendly – recommended age 8 years and above. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult (max 2 children per adult)
Time: 9.30am – 1-pm
You will use Sculptin’ – a fabric hardener to create a work of art from a glass jar, and a variety of embellishments.
Once created, painted and fully cured (further 3 weeks at home), you can site your fairy house outdoors as it is weatherproof.
Sculptin’ is environmentally friendly and non-toxic
What is included in the price?
– Nici will explain the materials used, guide you through the process, and be on hand to help.
– All materials for the workshop will be provided, though if you do have an unusual shaped jar you would like to use, please bring it along – but please make sure it’s around the standard size of jar or we won’t be able to accommodate. If you are unsure if the size/shape will work, just contact us before hand.
– Further supplies and kits will be available to purchase on the day (or via the website), should you wish to create at home.
– Tea, Coffee and biscuits will be provided. If you have specific dietary needs, please feel free to bring along your own.
– We will provide aprons and gloves, but as we are using fabric hardener please wear old clothes in case of splashes.
What’s the age range?
This workshop is for any age, but also welcomes younger artists. 8 years minimum is the recommendation, but if your child is younger and wants to take part, please contact us. Max 2 under 18s per adult.
We want to make these are friendly to families as possible. Adults are welcome to create with their children, but don’t have to – please book the appropriate option. Let us know how many creating spaces you want, and also how many adults and children will be coming (so we can make sure we set up enough room for you).
What level of skill do I need to have?
This workshop is suitable for complete beginners, so no previous experience necessary.
The workshop will be held in Postbridge Village Hall, Dartmoor. A stunning location, and village.
Should you wish to travel and stay over night, and make the most of the area, there is a wide range of accommodation near by.
You can find directions, and more info on the area including accommodation here
This is for a morning workshop and will start promptly at 9.30am, and end at approximately 1pm.
You are welcome to book the afternoon as well, and stay for the whole day. Please bring you own lunch (or you can walk down to the village shop)
If you would like to book as a group, you can either book the relevant amount of spaces, or contact us directly to choose a day and time that suits you.
You can pay a 50% deposit or pay in full at time of booking. If paying a deposit, you will receive an invoice for the remainder once your order is processed. The remaining balance must be paid 7 days before the event.
Payment can be made by paypal, debit card, credit card or bank transfer. If you are local to us, and would like to pay cash, you can do so by contacting us (must be paid in full before the event).
Due to no-shows, we have a cancellation policy. We have tried to make it as fair as possible. You can see refund policy based on timing below.
over 28 days before event: choose to have a 50% refund, or a 100% credit note to use against a future workshop
15-28 days before event: 75% credit note to use against a future workshop
8-14 days before event: 50% credit note to use against a future workshop
7 days or less before event: No refunds or credit notes.
In the unlikely event that Goblin Dreams has to cancel the event, a full refund will be given.